And sure, Mondays suck in general, but it's summer! Nothing like a bulleted list to chat about all the stuff that's fit to print.
- Sunday morning, bright and early, Kiddo and I drove up to Fort Lauderdale International because it's time to go to camp! Let me say that I am highly jealous of her getting to go to camp. I want to go and hang out and get to do all kinds of cool stuff for a month! Ah, to be a kid again.
- After checking and re-checking and asking and re-asking, do you have everything with affirmative responses, we got to the airport and are at the gate when Kiddo says…I forgot my pillow. Silly Kiddo. But, she says, I remembered Tauram, so I'll sleep on him. Who is this Tauram (pronounced tar-ram) you may ask? Tauram is a stuffed ram that I gave her approximately 6 years ago on a Club Med trip. That thing is beat to death and she still takes it with her. 🙂
- We were sitting at terminal waiting for her to board when she sees another girl that is wearing the same wristband that she has. I tell her that maybe she should go say hello and maybe she's going to camp too. She spouts off with some stuff about being shy. She and I are quite similar in that way. We're kind of quiet and reserved unless you know us, then all bets are off. We were all kinds of stupid in the airport upon her departure although the other passengers found it amusing. Stupid in the "ARRGH, I'm gonna miss you so much", overly melodramatic way.
- Several hours later, I got a call from an unknown number, but not knowing if it might be Kiddo, I picked it up, and lo and behold, it was her. She told me about her flight (uneventful) and that the girl in the airport was going to camp and that she's really cool and it was her phone that she was using. So, she made a friend before she even got to camp.
- A little while later, another call from another number. Again I pick up and there she is again. She's met another person from our area who is going to camp. So she's rocked out two friends before she even makes it to camp. If you're interested, the camp site is here. She lucked out and got in a bunk that's close to all of the main activities that she's interested in, but kinda far from the cafeteria.
- I ate like an absolute pig yesterday, proabably putting a negative dent in my weight loss goal. Oh well, back to the routine this week. I need to work out also but I'm sooooo lazy.
- Today's horoscope says:
Communications with family members and others should be clear, honest, and loving. Though your physical passions may be surging beneath the surface today, MiamiShyner, they're still very much present, and you're likely to be feeling particularly romantic. You might want to read racy novels or go to a romantic movie. This is definitely the night to be alone with that special person in your life. Make sure you look your best, and have fun.
- I've spoken to just about everyone in the family in the last two days and maybe that physical passion will go nutty since we have the house to ourselves. Ha, I'm a bad girl.
- There are only 19 days left until vacation. Excitement! And you can count on regular updates, as if you care, lol, because I will blog from my brand spanking new iPhone. Yeah, I'm a sucker. No, the reality is that Kiddo broke her phone and needs a new one but she's just not very responsible so I'm going to give her my phone which is fairly new (remember the DHL nightmare?) so if she breaks this one too, I won't be terribly upset. Besides, does a 14 year old really need an iPhone? I think not.
- Almost forgot, concert coming on August 20, it's the Stone Temple Pilots. We'll be going along with Mr. and Mrs. T. The fun never ends!
Well, then, I think that's enough for now. I have to get moving on this day. I still have to post in other places, check twitter, plurk and a million other time wasters. Happy summer! Happy Monday!