After 12,905 days on The Rock, one would imagine that a "career" would have been settled on by now. And yet, rapidly closing in on 12,906, I don't have a full-fledged plan. Let me cruise down the halls of my memory to see the things I've wanted to be.
- Chemist – I think I wanted to be a chemist before I really even knew what a chemist was.
- Lawyer – I don't even know where I got this idea.
- Veteranarian – This one actually makes sense. I'm a Sagittarius and very good with animals.
- Architect – Problem. I tend to think in two dimensions.
- Landscape architect – I still toss that one around every now and again.
- Interior designer – Would you believe that I thought there wouldn't be a market where I was living. I was that short-sighted! (I was also 15.)
- Web designer – I've got the tools and a little knowledge, but not enough to make it a job.
- English teacher – Then I realized that I'm not a good teacher. No patience. Same reason I'm not a doctor. No patience. </joke>
- Professional aerialist – I'm just not long and lean enough for this one. Nor flexible enough. I could get to the last part, just not the first part.
- Database Administrator – Just recently realizing that I don't think I want to do this one. Fortunately, it isn't too late to change my focus. Never is in my case.
- Writer – The things I think are interesting don't really make for interesting reading. Case in point – this blog.
- Professional Student – This one is my super dream goal. If we hit the lottery, I'm just going to stay in school and soak up all the knowledge I can get my grubby little hands on.
- Computer programmer – That's where I'm currently leaning. I like it. It's easy for me. We'll see.
- Professional wiseass, aka, bartender – Yeah, family and stuff means that the schedule is just a no-no on that one.
Thanks for listening. I needed a brain dump.