Well, well. Here we are at the end of the month. Here I am ironing a toga to wear to work today. With shorts. And leg warmers. And a jacket. Inside. Because no matter how much the people change, it seems that office coldness never does. But cold and happy is always better than cold and miserable. And everything is better with chicken and veggies in the crock pot for dinner.
End of the month also means looking back at what I posted at the beginning of the month so let’s see:
- Continue on with the P90X. One week in and I’m going strong. Strong and sore. – Okay, I didn’t do phenomenally on this one, BUT, I did make it to the gym probably close to 15 times this month. Seeing as how I’m still paying for going to the gym whether I go or not, I’m calling this one a win.
- NaNoPlaMo – otherwise known as National Novel Planning Month. I’ll be trying to head on back to Mrs. C’s eigth grade English class to outline the book I’ll be writing in November. – Unfortunately, this one was pretty much an utter failure. I’m not necessarily surprised because I’ve never been an outline writer. I just sit down and put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard as the case may be). Come the end of November, we’ll see if not outlining was a help or a hindrance.
- Zumba – I need to put together at least one class so I could sub in emergencies. – This is not done. I don’t really know where I thought I would find the time. Still needs to be done but I’ll kind of combine it into something else for next month.
- Teach/assist at least 4 classes – Not quite. But that’s ok. There are only so many opportunities to teach in a month. This gets knocked out of the park next month, easily.
- Read two books that have been sitting on my shelf. Both start with ‘w’. – Damn, failure again. Reading is just going to have to fall off of my to-do lists for a little while.
- Stretch! Try for 3 times a week. – This one is actually good. I really wanted to be in that front split by the end of October (I almost typed Coctober, lol) but the last few inches are always the toughest. A few times this month I thought I felt my back leg touch the floor so I’m good with that. I’ll just keep at it. It isn’t as though I’m 18 and trying to force my body to do something it’s only done once EVER. And that was by accident out of sheer terror.
- Pole. Home or studio, but at least 3 times a week. – Did pretty good with this one. Usually home on Thursday and studio on Tuesday and Saturday. It’ll switch up locations next month, but we’ll keep the intensity and maybe add a day.
- No minds – This cannot even be judged. But I’ll say that I”m getting better.
- NaNoWriMo – Yes, actually write this novel. It is started. It just needs a twist perhaps. And an ending maybe. There are just so many ways the story could go. Quite fortunately, I will have a LOT of free time this month since we’re taking a trip to Florida. I see several mornings of squirrel watching on the porch with my laptop and a cup of coffee. This is the year I do it!
- Teach – I am on the schedule!! November brings me four classes (would be 5 were it not for traveling). I just need to bring the funk to class and make sure that I give the ladies their money’s worth in the form of a nice workout, perhaps learning something new, and walking away with a smile.
- Zumba – I need to do something with this. I can’t say what just yet. One or two of you know what I’m thinking. I just need to get it all together.
- Stretch – Still want that split. Maybe I should push this one out to be by my birthday. I’m sure giving myself an extra 9 days past the end of the month will do the trick. <insert eye roll here>