Since I've been living here in Miami, my life has been severely lacking in two areas:
- Circus activities
- Bartending activities
I miss bartending but I've kinda just let that one go because I know that the hours really conflict with family life no matter how much happier I'd be behind a bar than behind a desk. I'm still adjusting to dealing with it no matter how much I say I'm gonna let it go. It's in my blood! It's one of very few things that I'm really good at. Behind the bar, I'm in the ZONE baby! Gimme a bar 5 folks deep and I'm in heaven. Oh yeah, but please don't double sit me if I'm waiting tables because I'll be in the weeds faster than you can 86 your special menu item, IHOP.
Now circus, on the other hand, once that gets in your blood, you're never getting rid of it. Not that I want to. The circus community in south Florida is really taking hold and growing by leaps and bounds. Let's see, we've got:
- The Flying Trapeze School - a bunch of really cool folks that I've had the pleasure of flying with once. Only once because, well, it's not cheap and no matter how much I love it, there are other things that I have to put ahead of it.
- FlySpace at Animate Objects - I haven't been to visit them (yet) because they're so far SOUTH! But, on the up side, they are moving their space further north so I hope to have the time (and money) to start visiting them soon too. They do a lot of performing around the area. Good stuff.
- Circ X – Circ X does TONS of stuff and not just circus. They've got performances weekly. I can only wish to have that much talent. I'm too shy to even talk to her on Myspace since she's got about 10,000 times the experience I do.
- Tony's Circus – Wow! I didn't know about this one until I googled circus stuff. Holy Hand Balancing Batman! They inspire me to stretch. 🙂
- Florida Circus School – So, apparently, they've been here for about a year and a half, but I just found out about them through a newspaper article. Gave them a call recently to find out that they too are awesome and in my price range AND offer up a first lesson for free. And there's a teeny tiny possibility that if I can get my lazy ass back into circus shape that I might be able to perform with them or give them a hand teaching.
All in all, these things make me sooo happy. Now if I could just hit the lottery to have enough time and money to do all this circus stuff…just imagine!
With all of this great stuff in mind, I tried to do some stretching last night. Imagine my surprise when I was closer to the split that I've never been able to do than I've ever been before. The awesomeness abounds. I'm working more stretching into the daily routine so I can be at my circus best. Poor Lovey knew he was getting involved with an ex-circus freak, I hope he can handle the current one. HEP!
So, then, mark my words. Come December, one of two things will be going on for me. I will have either, ahem, enhanced my cleavage as a 35th b-day present to myself, or I will be performing. Ask me then which one, lol.