What would you consider to be your 15 minutes of fame so far in life?
I suppose if I put everything together, I could come up with 15 minutes of fame.
- I was interviewed on local news when I was around 10 years old and attending a week-long camp at a local university.
- Our local CBS affiliate, KDKA, used to do commercials in which you threw some glitter up into the air and then said "Hi, I'm So-and-So from Over There and you're watching KDKA." My commercial came on during some sporting event on a Sunday night. Everyone drove me crazy in school the next day.
- I was again interviewed on local news in the late 80s after a Pirates game wherein the Bucs took the division. I was with my family running around outside the stadium like an idiot so I got the interview. Again, next day in school, people told me they saw me on TV.
- Early 90s, Rockline, MTV. Metallica was on. I called in and got to talk to Lars and Kirk. They tried to trick me by asking if I had bought my ticket yet but tickets hadn't gone on sale. A friend of mine who was in the Army at the time several states away heard it and was proud to say, "Hey, I know her!"
- Later 90s, New York, radio. I appeared on the radio show "Opie and Anthony" formerly of regular radio, now with their own spot on XM. Those two are freaking hilarious. I also got to meet Jay Mohr (who's really nice) and Vanessa del Rios (porn star who thinks she's all that, but I'm sorry, she's just not or at least not in person).
There you have it, my 15 minutes of fame. Come to think of it, I'm overdue for some radio or TV time.