What's the most famous movie you've never seen?
Submitted by Mike.
According to IMDB's top 250 movies as voted by their users, I must live in a cave because there are plenty of those that I haven't seen. And I'm just that dorky that I'd post them all. 🙂
1. The Godfather - I know the premise, but I haven't seen it.
2. The Shawshank Redemption - Great flick. One of the few Stephen King stories that transferred well to the screen.
3. The Godfather: Part II – Didn't see the first, why go to the second?
4. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – I think I've seen this, but they all get mixed up to me.
5. Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il – The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. I was brought up on Clint/
6. Casablanca – Play it again, Sam, because I missed the whole movie.
7. Schindler's List – I know, good movie, just not on my list of things to see.
8. Pulp Fiction – No, I don't live in a cave, but I also haven't seen this.
9. Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – I just don't do Star Wars, so slice me in half with your light saber.
10. Shichinin no samurai – I'm sorry, what?
11. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest – On my list to see. After all, it's classic Nicholson.
12. Star Wars – See # 9.
13. Rear Window – A little before my time, but I've heard it referenced. Maybe one day.
14. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – I've probably seen parts of this one too.
15. 12 Angry Men – Never heard of it, but if it's # 15, maybe I should look into it.
16. Raiders of the Lost Ark – Ahh, Indy. 🙂
17. The Usual Suspects – WHO IS KEYZER SOZE?!?! Loved it.
18. Cidade de Deus – Even in the City of God, I'm not watching this.
19. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb – I haven't seen this one. YET!
20. Goodfellas – I saw this on the PSU campus long before it ever made it big. (fall of 1990) I didn't appreciate it then as much as I do now though.
21. Psycho – Now there's a thriller. Whatever happened to scary movies?
22. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – See #s 4 and 14
23. Citizen Kane – Pass
24. C'era una volta il West – Once Upon a Time in the West, they made this movie that I've never seen.
25. North by Northwest - On the "to see" list as Hitchcock was a genius.
26. Memento – Not yet, but looks interesting.
27. The Silence of the Lambs – Fava beans and a nice chianti. Mmmm, liver.
28. Lawrence of Arabia – Nope and not gonna.
29. It's a Wonderful Life – You can't have a TV and not be subjected to this movie at least once in your life.
30. Sunset Blvd. – Nah.
31. Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le – Not till they Americanize it.
32. Fight Club – Huge guy movie and I enjoyed it also.
33. American Beauty - I found this to be just plain odd. Maybe it needs another viewing.
34. The Matrix - Neat effects, dude.
35. Vertigo - Another Hitchcock classic slated for viewing.
36. Apocalypse Now – Not the whole thing.
37. Taxi Driver – Lotta names, now on the list.
38. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – I've been trying to see this movie for a while. I need a rainy day and a room with a locking door.
39. Se7en - Enjoyed it.
40. Léon – I only just realized that I've seen bits and pieces of this and I'd like to see it beginning to end.
41. Paths of Glory – I don't really do war movies, but there are exceptions.
42. To Kill a Mockingbird - A classic. That I didn't see.
43. Chinatown - Nope
44. American History X – I love Ed Norton.
45. The Third Man - Pass
46. Untergang, Der – I also don't really enjoy history movies. Please, don't teach me during my recreation time.
47. The Pianist - Not quite history, but close enough.
48. Monty Python and the Holy Grail – Bring out your dead!
49. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre – No, but I was almost named Sierra Nevada.
50. M - Rave reviews tell me that I should see this.
51. Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi - Anime. I can't look at it without seizures.
52. The Bridge on the River Kwai - War and history. Next.
53. Alien – So nice and gory. 🙂
54. L.A. Confidential - I might check it out because Kevin Spacey is in it
55. Boot, Das – So many German or German based films that I haven't seen
56. A Clockwork Orange - While I don't really do history, I'd watch this but haven't yet.
57. The Maltese Falcon - Ugh.
58. Requiem for a Dream - On the list.
59. Hotel Rwanda - Movies like this make me sad so I don't see them.
60. The Shining - I love Stephen King too much to have not seen this. Fairly consistent with the book also.
61. Double Indemnity - Meh, no thanks.
- Metropolis – From 1927? My grandmother was only 17 then. Pass.
- Reservoir Dogs – I tend to think that I must have seen this and if I haven't, it's on DVD at home.
- Saving Private Ryan - Falling into the war category.
- Laberinto del Fauno, El – Pan's Labyrinth is one I want to get into.
- Singin' in the Rain – We've all seen at least a dance scene from this one.
- Rashômon – No.
- Sin City – So I hear this was pretty good, but not being into the comic books either…
- Raging Bull – Such testosterone. Pass.
- Modern Times – Nothing modern about 1936.
- Aliens - Because one wasn't enough!!
- The Manchurian Candidate – Umm, no.
- Rebecca - Hadn't heard of this, but it's Hitchcock so it gets a look.
- Some Like It Hot - Lot of old classics I haven't seen.
- The Great Escape – Or heard of.
- The Departed - The names say watch it so I might.
- All About Eve – Meh.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey - I should see it to see if it was anywhere near correct.
- Touch of Evil – If it ain't Dr. Evil…
- Amadeus - And Falco…Rock me Amadeus
- Million Dollar Baby – I'm sure this was excellent, I just don't think women should box, no disrespect to women boxers.
- Vita è bella, La - Subtitles…too much work.
- Sjunde inseglet, Det – I may check this one out.
- Forrest Gump – Life is like a box of chocolates. Unopened ones as I haven't seen this.
- Jaws - Thank GOD I didn't live by the water growing up.
- The Sting - Being made in '73 makes it good enough to go on the list.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day – I love a Guns and Roses reference.
- Strangers on a Train – Will never meet on my TV
- On the Waterfront - Is not a place I want to be.
- Batman Begins – Not the best of the series, but pretty good.
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - And gets remade I think.
- The Elephant Man – NO!
- Braveheart - William Wallace, you're long-winded but a great character.
- Full Metal Jacket - Also known as Full Metal Jockstrap if you attended BVA in 1990.
- The Wizard of Oz – It ain't The Wiz, but we'll take it.
- Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - I actually saw this. Surprised?
- Blade Runner - Just too much for me.
- The Apartment - I may have to check this out.
- City Lights - Power outage.
- The Incredibles - Mr. Incredible, Elasta-girl and the rest of the fam rock!
- Nuovo cinema Paradiso - No thanks.
- High Noon – Too far back for me.
- The Big Sleep - Is still not a dirt nap.
- Ran – Uh uh.
- Notorious - Hitchcock gets the nod.
- Fargo – Bits and pieces.
- Donnie Darko - This film has been recommended to me time and time again so it goes on the list.
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Ret
urn of the Jedi – I tend to think that this is the one that I fell asleep in the theatre during.
- The Great Dictator - Make your own joke for that.
- Once Upon a Time in America – Same premise as # 24.
- Crash - Seeing as how Ludacris was in this and I love that man, it's near the top of the list.
- Finding Nemo - Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
- Cool Hand Luke - Oh yes, I've seen this.
- Mononoke-hime – Anime murder movie? No thanks.
- The Sixth Sense - Wow. The end got me. No, I didn't see it coming. Yes, I cried.
- V for Vendetta – Not my thing.
- Unforgiven - Forgive me Clint for I have sinned. Didn't see it.
- Salaire de la peur, Le - 1953 and French, what do you think?
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Is the theme song NOT running through your head?
- Ben-Hur – Back in the days before PC-ness, we were shown this movie in junior high school.
- Back to the Future - Hovercraft!
- Oldboy – Lotta Japanese movies on this list.
- Annie Hall - Who?
- Kill Bill: Vol. 2 – Kinda drawn out. I had to pay too much attention to enjoy it.
- Yojimbo - Yo! Jimbo! Turn that off.
- The Killing - Of?
- The Green Mile - Like many of Mr. King's works, I've read it but not seen it. I hear Tom Hanks did a hell of a job though.
- Wo hu cang long – No.
- Life of Brian - I think I might see this.
- The Princess Bride - INCONCEIVABLE that I haven't seen this at least 100 times.
- The Deer Hunter - I don't know why I've seen this, but I have.
- Platoon – War, no thanks.
- The Graduate - Nope.
- It Happened One Night – That I turned this off.
- Per qualche dollaro in più – For a few dollars more, I'll let you know if I've seen this.
- Gladiator - Blecch.
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Just not my style.
- Notti di Cabiria, Le - Fellini, bellini, you weiny.
- Gandhi - Most everyone knows what he did, I don't need to see a movie about it.
- The African Queen – How did they make a movie about me when I wasnt' to be born for another 22 years?
- Kind Hearts and Coronets – Doesn't even sound interesting.
- Battaglia di Algeri, La - Subtitles.
- Ladri di biciclette - No
- Amores perros – On the list
- The Adventures of Robin Hood - Um, does Men in Tights count?
- Diaboliques, Les - Despite being French, it's now on the list.
- 8½ – More Fellini, but a maybe on this one.
- Toy Story 2 - Didn't really get into this one.
- Brief Encounter – Is all you get on this one.
- Shadow of a Doubt – Beyond a that I didn't see it.
- The Night of the Hunter - I'm starting to get into the old movies from this list.
- Stand by Me - Just stellar. I would watch this 100 times.
- The Wild Bunch - Hmmm, a Western that I haven't seen.
- The General – No.
- Children of Men - Doesn't even sound good.
- Lola rennt - Comes highly recommended.
- Die Hard - Almost embarrassed. Yes, I've seen it.
- Harvey – Keitel? Nope
- The Conversation – Ended quickly.
- Smultronstället – Nope.
- Dog Day Afternoon – Really a lot of things I haven't seen.
- Patton - History/war
- Duck Soup - Duck is greasy.
- Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens - Silent Dracula. I like to hear the veins being pierced.
- Glory – Couldn't get past the first 2 scenes.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still – Meh, not impressed enough by the info to see it.
- Gone with the Wind - Frankly, Scarlett…
- Groundhog Day - Filmed partially in PA. Love it.
- Spartacus – Ugh.
- Ying xiong - Jet Li's Hero? Not I.
- Cabinet des Dr. Caligari., Das - Before my time.
- The Gold Rush - A movie about the AOL game?
- The Prestige – Fairly new. A maybe.
- Trainspotting - Heard this was good.
- Finding Neverland – Stars Johnny Depp so I'll have to see it eventually says my 13 year old daughter.
- Toy Story - Didn't see 2, not seeing 1.
- The Grapes of Wrath - Are hard and bitter.
- Heat - Great flick.
- Magnolia – Pass.
- The Exorcist - Scary from when movies were scary.
- The Big Lebowski – Funny.
- Mystic River - Boy Clint is busy making movies I haven't seen.
- A Christmas Story - You'll shoot your eye out!
- Twelve Monkeys – Doesn't hold an interest for me.
- The Philadelphia Story – Not to be confused with Philadelphia. I've seen neither.
- King Kong - Stupid airplanes.
- Shrek – An instant classic although a third installment may be pushing it.
- Belle et la bête, La – Beauty and the Beast. I've only seen it cartoon style.
- Cinderella Man - I really need to get out more.
- Judgment at Nuremberg - Pass.
- Ed Wood - Good flick.
- Big Fish – Kinda long but a good tearjerker.
- Before Sunset - Hadn't heard of it.
- The Hustler - At least I know what this one is about even though I haven't seen it.
- Snatch. - Add your own joke.
- The Best Years of Our Lives - Are not the ones we spend in front of our computers working!
- The Terminator - Yes.
- The Lady Vanishes - So much that I haven't seen her.
- Bride of Frankenstein – It's just a different era.
- Out of the Past - And into the present.
- Hotaru no haka - Anime.
- In the Heat of the Night - This isn't the one with Archie Bunker.
- Walk the Line – Nope, but Chris Daughtry rocked it.
- Little Miss Sunshine - As a former pageant kid, I'd like to see this.
- Witness for the Prosecution - I get enough Law and Order, thanks.
- Stalag 17 - War.
- Sleuth - Like Clue?
- Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit - I just have to giggle at Gromit.
- Bonnie and Clyde - Nope but I know the story.
- The Thing – Unfortunately, yes.
- Young Frankenstein – No thanks.
- Hable con ella - Subtitulos.
- Scarface - Say hello to my little friend.
- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels – Tee hee.
- Manhattan - Been there, haven't seen that.
- Rosemary's Baby – Don't ask why, but yes.
- Arsenic and Old Lace – It's poison
- The Straight Story - Didn't catch my eye.
- Frankenstein – Man from pieces.
- Du rififi chez les hommes - A francais.
- Anatomy of a Murder – Probably bloody.
- Sling Blade - I hear this was good.
- Tengoku to jigoku - Pass.
- Stalker - I was only 6. I didn't get my first stalker for a few more years.
- All Quiet on the Western Front - I was forced to read it and that was enough.
- Kumonosu jô – No.
- Roman Holiday - I've heard about those Roman Holidays.
- Monsters, Inc. - Cutest movie ever.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl – Yep.
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - Pass.
- Quatre cents coups, Les – No thanks.
- United 93 - Sorry, I just don't need to relive that.
- The Lost Weekend – Where did we lose it and how do we find it again?
- Doctor Zhivago – I'm sure Dr. Z is good but does he have weekend hours?
- The Searchers - Are they looking for the lost weekend?
- Bringing Up Baby – Was a lot easier in 1938.
- Planet of the Apes – Touch my monkey!
- Umberto D. – Who?!?!
- A Streetcar Named Desire – Doesn't come down my street.
- Sweet Smell of Success - Smells like teen spirit.
- The Ox-Bow Incident - How does an Ox shoot a bow?
- Kakushi-toride no san-akunin - Another no show for me.
- Dial M for Murder - Okay, I will.
- Brazil - Big country, little clothes.
- Inherit the Wind – I hope to inherit money.
- Haine, La - So many foreign films.
- Great Expectations - Another forced read.
- Mou gaan dou - Dinner?
- Mulholland Dr. - I might watch this.
- Hauru no ugoku shiro – More anime.
And there you have it. You're welcome.