Well, here we are. Most of us, anyway. Those of us who were lucky enough to make it out of 2013 and into 2014. This is, of course, the day of resolutions and such. I’m gonna go to the gym, I’m gonna eat better, blah, blah, blah. We all hear these same things every year, whether it be out of our own mouths or out of the mouths of others. As such, once again, I’m not making “New Year’s Resolutions” per se. There are a couple of things that I’d like to accomplish this year, but I’m not going to beat myself up about them if I don’t. So here they are, my non NYRs:
- I’m going to attempt to have ZERO zero-word days on the blog. Typically, this is pretty tough because I don’t always have something to talk about. Remedy for this? The Daily Post provided an ebook that has 365 writing prompts so I’ll always have something to talk about. Formatting could change, but I will likely start off daily with the provided topic then continue on with my rambling if there’s rambling for the day.
- As perhaps you know, I’m a Beachbody junkie (P90X, P90X2, Hip Hop Abs, Insanity) and I just got P90X3 and T25. Just because I don’t like to start programs in the middle of the week, I’ll be starting P90X3 on Monday. If I can stick with it (I know I can, lol), I will do each program twice this year and I will look phenomenal at the end of the year.
- I’ve got to do some more stretching. I am, after all, not getting any younger. And it also goes along with…
- Really focus on getting good at something this year. I haven’t yet decided what the thing will be. Pole? FabPole? Fabric? (not likely…makes my hips scream after every drop) Dance trap? I don’t know. One of those. One of something else. Something.
- I may also work on something professionally. You’d think those priorities would be the other way around. But I’ve always been ass-backwards. SharePoint anyone?
- Read! I want to read more. Perhaps I’ll actually use my GoodReads account this year? I read a lot of crappy books this year, I just didn’t put them in there. I need to expand my book horizons.
I’m sure that I don’t need to put any more unnecessary pressure on myself here. So with that, let’s talk about today’s writing prompt: Stroke of Midnight – Where were you last night when 2013 turned into 2014? Is that where you’d wanted to be?
This one is easy. Boring, but easy. I was watching the oh, so interesting movie that was showing on the backs of my eyelids from the comfort of my pillowtop bed and Sleep Number pillow. New Year’s Eve hasn’t been a big deal for me almost ever. I can remember two specific times when I went out to a party. One was the suck and one was hysterical. However, I’m not interested in having drinks spilled on me or coming home smelling like a dirty ashtray. I’m also not interested in DUI checkpoints and the people who escape them and cause crashes. As such, I was safe, comfortable, and 2014 looked the same at 8am as it did at 12:01am, I’m sure.
Let’s see how long it takes me to fall off the wagon. It isn’t pessimism. I know me. Have for 40 years. Happy New Year to you and yours. I hope that 2014 brings you everything you’re looking for.