This past week was basically an epic FAIL all around. I fell behind in my schoolwork and when I got it done, it was a half-assed job and my grades reflected it. Went to the gym a total of ZERO times. Ugh. But hey, there's no need to dwell on the past and my failures.
Today is payday!! Huzzah! And my income tax check was supposed to be deposited today too, but I think that my bank gets confused if more than one deposit comes in at the same time. I'm sure they'll get it in there before the weekend is over. They got Lovey's done and he filed days after me.
I was feeling good this morning, taking photos as I drive. Again. I know. I shouldn't. But I actually like this one which is why I'm sharing it with you, my lovely neighborhood. I'm so happy that my hair is finally getting long. It's been a good six years that I've been growing it out, no cuts, no chemicals. It grows ultra-slowly.
Btw, ROCO Friday!
On with the list for this week:
- A minimum of 5 mornings in the gym. No excuses that they took away some of the early morning classes that I really liked. 30 minutes of cardio and however long it takes to do weights. Come on circus chick!
- You are dehydrated! Drink more water! And while you're at it, eat more healthy stuff. You are not on vacation any longer.
- Put some serious effort into this networking class. It isn't going to go away (for another 3.5 weeks) so suck it up.
- Watch IT Guys! I need more time in a day.
- You have an office (of sorts), use it! You'll concentrate better in there.
- Please, please, please, grab one of the many books off of the bookshelf and try to learn something. Joomla got shelved until someone buys some web hosting so get to work on something else! Let's go with PHP.
Okay boys and girls. I've gotta get rockin on some stuff. Have a great Friday and an even greater weekend!
ROCO Fridays – I'm way too lazy.
Fridaylutions – I'm slipping fast.
I am a vacuum of suck. There's just emptiness floating around in my head these days. Maybe my mind is still in Park City. Yeah, that must be it.
I absolutely must get back into the gym next week! I think that when I'm exercising I have a lot more focus. Silly gym changed a lot of the classes that I wanted to go to. Suckage! Now I have to come up with my own exercise routine.
Hmmm, there's a lot of complaining going on here. I have to stop that now.
In a moment of happiness, it is at least Friday and it is a long weekend. AND, bonus on top of bonus, Kiddo is knocking out all of her volunteer work this weekend which means Lovey and I have the house to ourselves for the majority of the day Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
And I got an unexpected little bit of money today. Which means I can buy an outfit to wear on Sunday. The rest of it goes to paying bills. Yay! (It is surprisingly difficult to find something slutty, that's not too over the top for me, here in Miami.)
Knock on wood, I have avoided all of the colds and sickness that are floating around. Emergen-C to the rescue baby.
Now that I'm feeling a little more motivated, I think I'll give myself some bullet points to take care of during the upcoming week.
- Over the weekend, I must create a workout for myself. (any links, suggestions, or podcasts would be apprciated)
- Also over this weekend, I have to catch up with school. Networking classes really suck!
- It's time for a good housecleaning too
- Saturday pedicure, maybe manicure too
- Eh, you know, stuff.
I hope that you all have a great weekend (a great long weekend if you have Monday off).
Happy Friday to ya and ROCO as well.
Did Friday sneak up on you? It snuck up on me. A four day week always throws me for a loop, though.
So, I'm doing Fridaylutions for next week and the following week. But first, a recap of the week that just flew by.
- Keep up the good work getting to the gym. Four days this week. WIN! I even went to Krav Maga which was fun, a good workout, and rather informative. I'm a tough little wench!
- Take down the tree this weekend for Pete's sake! WIN! The tree is down and the furniture is all put back in its proper place.
- Kick Kiddo's butt at Guitar Hero on Saturday WIN! Although we kicked butt together in our band's world tour.
- HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! WIN! WIN! WIN! Pittsburgh's going to the Superbowl!
- Order this kick-ass jacket
ifwhen the Steelers win on Sunday. WIN! Ordered and it's been delivered. It's even sweeter in person. I may model it and take pictures.
- Please get ahead with the school work! EPIC FAIL. AGAIN. I guess Saturdays are meant for homework.
- Schedule time for stretching and actually do it. Oh the FAIL.
- Joomla is STILL waiting! FAIL. It's still waiting.
- Get rid of two pounds. WIN! I am at a respectable (for me) 132. Around a 6 pound loss for the month so far.
Now for the week that is coming up (Monday the 26th through Sunday the 1st):
- Stay focused on the gym. Attend the Monday and Wednesday classes. Try to sneak in a workout on Thursday morning.
- Mentally will ADP to send my W2 so I can file my taxes already. Such a shame that the refund money is already pretty much all accounted for. Friggin bills.
- Prior to Thursday, finish all assignments for week 4 and 5.
- Find time for yoga.
- Get all pre-trip shopping done. (travel size crapola, etc)
- Thursday night, lay my head down here
- Friday morning, get on the plane
- Friday afternoon, pick up my free lift ticket and hit the slopes
- Friday night, sleep the sleep of the dead
- Saturday, enjoy snowboarding and crisp mountain air
- Sunday – Don my new jacket and cheer the Steelers on to victory in an official Steeler Nation bar
And the following week (Monday the 2nd through Sunday the 8th):
- Get on your board and ride!
- Be a tourist, take lots of photos
- Be extremely sad on Friday when we have to leave
- Be extremely excited on Saturday to see a Club Med friend visiting from Down Under (Double S! We're rocking it!)
- Get mentally prepared on Sunday to come back to work
And there you have it. My next two weeks in a nutshell.
Most posts during the Park City week will be from my phone and they'll probably be 99% pictures.
Wherever you may be today, tomorrow, next week, I wish you a ROCO Friday and a ROCO week!
Lookit me go! I'm actually getting to these on time today. I really feel as though I'm making this too easy on myself, but at the same time, I feel good because I feel like I'm getting things accomplished. I suppose I just don't have that much difficult stuff to take care of. Ah well, let's look at last week.
- Take yo ass to the gym at least four times this week. That membership is not free. Almost a WIN. I went Monday, Wednesday and I'm going today.
- Really, wrap up the school work earlier in the week. Maybe even try to get ahead? Do you really want to do homework while you're on vacation? MOVE IT! EPIC FAIL. Here it is Friday and I haven't finished the assignment for this week. UGH!
- Try to find time to add stretching to the routine. FAIL. Yoga doesn't count in this instance. I need to do some active, circus-specific stretching.
- At least install Joomla. One step at a time. Maybe read one chapter. FAIL AGAIN! Dammit!
- Drag Lovey out of the house for a friend's party on Saturday…if I can stay awake. This one will be a WIN. We've discussed it already.
- Research a book on writing a book. (Any help greatly appreciated on this one.) FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. Damn, I'm lazy.
- Pick up a bikini top and maybe a cute dress for Saturday. WIN! I realized I didn't need a new bikini after trying on all the ones I currently have. I didn't get a dress for Saturday (it's going to be chilly), but I did get a cute sweater to go with my jeans and boots.
- Make a conscious effort to be more optimistic. WIN! I think the exercise and being busy really helps.
Not terrible, but not great. So, let's see what we have for this coming week.
- Keep up the good work getting to the gym. Four days this week.
- Take down the tree this weekend for Pete's sake!
- Kick Kiddo's butt at Guitar Hero on Saturday
- HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!
- Order this kick-ass jacket
ifwhen the Steelers win on Sunday.
- Please get ahead with the school work!
- Schedule time for stretching and actually do it.
- Joomla is STILL waiting!
- Get rid of two pounds.
That should be enough for the week. As always, have a ROCO Friday. Love each other. 🙂
Seriously, I suck. But we'll leave my personal life out of this. Last week I had some goals, let's review:
- Force Lovey and Kiddo into 2 hours of daily family time. WIN – Guitar Hero brings people together
- Schedule a personal training session (it's free, thankfully). WIN – I went on Thursday and couldn't lift my arms all weekend!
- Hit the gym Monday and Wednesday morning, Friday after work. 2/3 WIN – I went Monday and Wednesday and Thursday too!
- Yoga on Tuesday night. WIN – I really enjoy this instructor. She makes me want to learn more about yoga.
- Finish all week one classwork BEFORE Saturday morning. FAIL – Ended up finishing by Saturday afternoon though.
- Stick to the eating plan. WIN – weekends are freebies and I ate well all week.
- Drink more water. A lot more. WIN – I am pretty gosh darn hydrated. I can see it in my face. Shh, Roboco, I know I'm looking a little hellish today.
- Be more focused at work. Eh, more or less WIN.
- Outline Chapter One of upcoming novel wannabe. EPIC FAIL – Can you not tell from my writing that it shouldn't go into book form?
- Cheer the Fins on to victory. WIN/FAIL – I did my part, the Fins did not do their part.
- Adult time with Lovey on Friday or Saturday night. FAIL – I felt like crap on Friday so I took a Flexoril. Bad move. I could not stay awake for more than an hour all day Saturday.
- Finish the current book I'm reading. (leisure) WIN – I have three more leisure books in the house before I consider ordering more.
- Install Joomla downstairs and read first two chapters of Joomla book. EPIC FAIL – There are less hours in a day and less days in a week than I thought.
So, more good than bad last week which is always nice.
Let us look at the goals for this week.
- Take yo ass to the gym at least four times this week. That membership is not free.
- Really, wrap up the school work earlier in the week. Maybe even try to get ahead? Do you really want to do homework while you're on vacation? MOVE IT!
- Try to find time to add stretching to the routine.
- At least install Joomla. One step at a time. Maybe read one chapter.
- Drag Lovey out of the house for a friend's party on Saturday…if I can stay awake.
- Research a book on writing a book. (Any help greatly appreciated on this one.)
- Pick up a bikini top and maybe a cute dress for Saturday.
- Make a conscious effort to be more optimistic.
Ok, I'm burnt.
Let me end this on a good note. While payroll screwed up my first check of the new year, they did scrw it up in my favor so I'll have an extra ~$100 in my next check. Hooray! Have a good one!