For oh so long, I’ve been fortunate enough to put my head on the pillow, close my eyes, and really call it a night – see you tomorrow. It appears that my days of good fortune have come to an end, temporarily I hope. I believe this is now day four without a good night’s sleep. I realize that many folks deal with this on a daily basis, and, right now, I am feeling for all of you.
Not sure what little switch got clicked in my brain, but whomever turned it on needs to take his/her happy ass right back in there to switch it back. This is something I might understand if I were overly concerned about something, anything, at the moment, but I’m not. Mentally exhausted after work some days? Sure. That shouldn’t keep me from knocking out at night.
It’s a vicious circle that has a couple more points to keep it round. Goes kinda like this:
- 10 pm – Lay it down and try to start relaxing
- 11 pm – Toss, turn, turn, toss
- 1 am – Up to pee
- 3 am – Up to pee. Wonder what time it is. Look at clock. Sigh deeply
- 3:35 am – It must be time to get up now. Look at clock. Sigh deeply
- 4:15 am – I must have been asleep for 2 hours. Look at clock. Sigh deeply
- 5 am – Damn, you’re here already/how could it have taken you so long to get here
- 5:15 am – Let’s work out
- 7:30 am – Start work
- 8 am – Coffee #1
- 9 am – Probably coffee #2
- 10 am – Hit the wall (considering adding a ripper here to get through the day)
- 11 am – Brain function at an all-time low leaving me frustrated about my work and ridiculously tired
- 1 pm – LUNCH!
- 3 pm – Dragging ass
- 4:30 pm – Brave traffic to get home
- 5:30 pm – I want to do things here (trapeze, pole, something, anything) but I’m too damn tired
Hubby’s theory is that I’m not eating enough to do all I try to do. He could be correct, but oddly enough, I hope not because I don’t know if I could honestly shove any more food down my gullet in a day. I take a daily multi-vitamin (semi-daily…I forget sometimes) so it shouldn’t be the usual iron deficiency that I tend to have. It’s gotta be the sleep. Ack! What do you do when your old friend sleep has turned his back on you and thrown you under the bus?!?! Tonight, I’ll be trying some melatonin. Hopefully I won’t have to progress past that.
In other (pole) news, the spring showcase at Boulder Spirals is creeping up on me. For my preparation timeline for a performance, I’m right on schedule having chosen my song with a mere 17 days till showtime. I’m shooting for sexy this time. We’ll see how that goes. I’m also mentally sitting on two other pole pieces that I want to put together: one with a friend from high school and one to rep one of my greatest loves ever. That’s all I am going to say about them at the moment, though, because I think that a million people read this blog (HAHAHAHA) and I want to make sure that I don’t give away my ideas so people can get to them before me. So, Cheryl, I didn’t forget about you! 🙂
Have a great day, folks. The time has come for me to pack up a lunch full of food that will hopefully keep me awake today. 🙂