Well, well, well, my good people of the ROCO congregation. It's been a while since I've heard the mighty collective voice ring out, so say it loud and say it proud…
And now that the good Reverend MiamiShyner can see all of you in the back row due to the wonder of contacts, I expect to see you more often. Not just on holidays! You know who you are! 😛
Let's suppose that you are a Congresswoman. (Ileana Ros-Lethtinen) And your constituents are of an area where radio folk like to play pranks.(Miami) What do you do when someone calls you claiming to be a soon-to-be high-ranking official? (Barack Obama) Well, of course, you HANG UP ON HIM! Ha! Gotta love that one.
Wisdom has just been passed along to me. This message of sure genius is as follows:
Bacon = Meat candy
This is my last lazy ROCO Friday because I got clearance to do light cardio…and to buy naughty bits from Vickie's. Life is good.
Tomorrow is Cirque day finally! But no, I'm not excited or anything. And I'm totally not already thinking about the next show that's coming in May and when I'll be able to afford to buy those tickets. Nope, not thinking about that at all.
Well, my good people, I know that no one likes when the preacher goes on for too long, so let me close the sermon and move to the back so that I can shake hands and kiss babies (with gloves and a mask..I don't want your cooties).
I'm glad that you could join me and I look forward to seeing you next week. Let the congregation say ROCO!
And remember, there is no confession for doing bad in this church, only for not living life full-out, balls to the wall. Go out and spread the word!
That was my first thought when Lovey woke me up this morning. I couldn't quite figure out why: a) he was awake, b) he was waking me when it was still dark because c) it's Saturday.
Last night I was taking care of some homework and I was looking for some information. Lovey asked what I was up to (he already had this class) so I told him. Basically, the question said to pick one of the three below to discuss and of course, I didn't read it so I had done number one and was heading on to number two. "Hey, did you read this?" Um, sure. "Then why are you doing more work than you have to?" Ahh, Lovey, waker-upper and saver of too much work.
Today is a good day. Work till noon, eye doctor for contact fitting (if I can keep. my. composure.) at 2:30, massage for the girls at 4:30, and then follow-up at 5 to (hopefully) get the all clear to get back to exercising. I still can't do any weights in the upper body area for another two weeks, but at least I can get back on the cardio wagon.
Would you like to hear a story boys and girls? One about being sick and not having insurance, racking up a huge bill and paying it off in installments?
Yeah, before I had insurance, I got sick, likely from something in the air at work. I was just sucking it up until the day that I felt like there was an elephant sitting on my chest and I was having a heck of a time breathing. Emergency Room, here I come, circa January 2005.
Flash forward three years when I'm STILL paying this bill. Hey, they don't report my timely payments to any credit agency and there's no interest, so I'm really in no rush to take care of it. Anywho, they have my bank info so that they can automatically take out the payment monthly. Do you think they could get it right? Nope. One month, they take it out early so I had to call and bitch…they're lucky they didn't cause an overdraft. The kicker is that quite often, I have to call them to REMIND them to take out the payment. They've been as far as two months behind. Only in Miami would you have to call a collection agency on several occasions to beg them to take your money.
I've screamed at some poor people in that office, and yet nothing helps. Today the lady said she was sorry (yet again and at this point, your apologies mean nothing) and that it was an embarassment (nooooo, really?) to the company. What I'm really hoping for, in my silly head, is that they'll just get tired of me calling and say, SCREW IT, your account is closed. We're even. Yeah, right.
And that's the story of Miamishyner getting sick in Miami.
Bye for now. I think I need to do some wedding research today. If I get around to it, I may post some findings over at the other site.
So, it's not always. I actually like it quite often. When do I not like it? Oh, maybe on a Sunday afternoon when it's sunny out and cool enough to have the windows open and the air off? Maybe when the complete putos that live behind us think that it's okay to BLAST their music? When they have their stereo backed up against the fence that separates our yards? When they have it as cranked as it can possibly go because they're outside working….IN THEIR FRONT YARD?!?!?!
…..in the ghetto…on a cold and gray Chicago morn another little baby child is born….in the ghetto…..
Seriously, is it time to move yet?
In all the places I've lived besides Miami, I have never dealt with this. Not in podunk PA, not within the city limits of Pittsburgh, not on Long Island, not in Colorado, not even in north Florida. I cannot for the life of me understand it. I guess, the lack of respect for others around you. Grrrr.
On happier notes, the Dolphins won as did the Steelers in a wild game over the Chargers. Pittsburgh 12 penalities, San Diego 1? Nope, not lopsided at all. But I do feel sorry for the Bolts because they keep losing in such crappy manners.
Well, I'm off to watch Lovey make cookies. I hope that your weekend was lovely and all is well in your respective worlds even if I don't make it to each of your worlds to say so.
Hiya loyal readers <snicker> and those who just stumble upon. On with all the nothing that happened in my world this week.
- I think that we're all growing increasingly tired of politics. I'll skip over all that jazz, except for one little photo to be posted a little later.
- It's been a quiet week in la casa de MiamiShyner. Lots of exercise going on and I've managed to get down to 125. I am still shooting for 120, but hey, I just don't think my body is interested.
- There are officially 2 weeks until I go under the knife. (Double S, if you're reading this, yes, I know how you feel, but I also know you'll still love me 😛 ) I shall be looking fantastic for my 35th birthday as per the plan.
- I got to see a really cool Cirque du Soleil demo since Corteo will be in town soon.
- I thought I was cute the other day….
- I have the worst case of raccoon eyes EVER. I guess they've always been like that. I'm working on fixing it though. Do love that my hair is finally getting long. Let's see if I have something with which to compare from a few years ago.
There. It's actually laying down and dare I say cascading over my shoulders now. HA! Oh, yeah, and I actually had makeup on in the picture on the left.
- Pretty stoked that I'll officially be smart in another 51 days. Completion of an Associates degree that really doesn't mean much. Especially in south Florida where no one pays pretty much no matter what/who you know.
- Can I go back to bartending now please? Pretty please? No? Ok fine. Well, not fine, but I'll deal with it for a while longer.
- Ooooh, big, BIG excitement is that we've reached the two-digit number countdown until vacation. We've got a big group going this year so it should be mega-fun. Park City again since we enjoyed it so much last year. I'll be daily blogging from there like last year, but without any big announcements like an engagement. :-)
- We got this house for this year at last year's price, so we're pretty happy about that part too.
- Our previous moving destination was Salt Lake City. We're shying away from that now and leaning more towards the Boulder area. I've seen some fantastic houses out there and they are reasonably priced. With yards!
- Oh, Saturday night Lovey and I went over to Octobeerfest. $25 for all you can drink. There was beer from all over, rum and vodka. A whole bunch of people, mostly college kids, watching football and putting away booze. Good times. We still fit in as far as looking the age of the college kids unlike some of the old farts who were there trying to pick up younguns.
- Yesterday, driving home, I saw this bumper sticker:
Not sure if it was a joke or what since we have a lot of young Republicans in our area. I just found it amusing. And mildly disturbing.
SO yeah, that's the week in review. It is Friday as well, so let the congregation say….
Peace out and have a great weekend everyone!!