- 1961 – Six Flags opens their first park ever. How awesome is that?!?! I love roller coasters and amusement parks.
- 1774 – Jason Priestly discovers oxygen. I joke. It was his great-great-great grandfather Joseph Priestley.
- 1941 – The Jeep is born! Beep, beep, who's got the keys to my Jeep? Vroooom!
- 1972 – Dubyah gets suspended from the Air National Guard. Sure he just missed a medical exam, but it's fun to point out his flaws.
- 1970 – Jesse Burkes, Jr. weds Stephanie Madison in a beautiful ceremony 70's style. This one's the most important this day in history. :-) Would have been 38 years today. Kinda nutty. MommaShyner got married at 20! DaddyShyner was a great big 25. Weren't they rocking their gear? Bwahaha, just noticed that their cake toppers are white. Funny, I knew I wanted an outside wedding (even though theirs was technically in the church) long before I saw these pictures. I'm such a rebel. No gown, no veil, probably no white.
Happy Anniversary (in spirit), Mom and Dad!