Kiddo: I never get enough sleep. I wake up and I just want to go right back to sleep.
Me: Time to get you some vitamins.
Kiddo: I wish I could just, like, sleep forever.
Me: That's called death.
Kiddo: <jaw drop>
Share your favorite winter photograph.
Favorite? That's tough. How about a few?
"We're Americans. We don't do what is easy. We do what is necessary."
Oh, wait. Real President Obama said that.
*What would Jack Bauer say?
With a proper shout out to Double S! Let's go back to the zoo!
And of course, I couldn't use that title without the appropriate props to Mr. Bridges with his fine ass self.
If this weekend had only had one day, Saturday really would have been the one that was enough to fill up the whole weekend for me. 🙂
Sit back and enjoy the recap.
- We got up a little on the late side and skipped our usual weekend breakfast of Sergio's because we had some coupons for Burger King. Yeah, they're on my shit list now too. First, don't put the lady that doesn't speak English on drive thru, please. Whatever if you haven't learned English yet. Good on ya for getting a job, but not one where I need to order food and I prefer to do it in ENGLISH! Second, please give me the food that I ordered. If I ask for two orders of cheesey tots, I want two orders. And three coffees. Yes, I paid for three, here's my receipt. Grrrr. Oh, and if it isn't too much trouble, how about you put the lids on the coffee cups so that a medium coffee doesn't decide to empty itself on the floor of the passenger side of my car. Thanks! (Thank goodness for Scotchgard or whatever the heck is on both my mats and carpet because that coffee came out like it never even happened! Woot!)
- It gets better and not in a sarcastic way.
- Lovey and I scored some tickets to go see UM (Hurricanes) play BC (Eagles) at the Bank United Center. It's probably 15 minutes by car but it was super nice out so we decided to ride our bikes over. It took about 35 minutes to get there but then we didn't have to deal with traffic or pay for parking so double bonus. Triple bonus was that our seats were right behind the players' "bench" (it was a bunch of folding chairs). I'm not a huge basketball fan, but it was a great game. UM won. And I got a kiss, or that's what I thought it was when his beak engulfed my head, from Sebastian because as everyone was mobbing the poor guy for photos, I saw his Gatorade cup was empty and offered to get him another. Being a mascot is tough. Been there, done that.
- We had a leisurely bike ride back to the house. Now my bum is sore from my bike seat. The horror!
- This may get confusing in a moment….
- Lovey's BFF, JP, is starting a business with some people that he works with/used to work with. I don't know both of the guys, but I did meet JM previously as he is also a Steelers fan and is from the Pittsburgh area. I am going to do a little website stuff for JP's business (Lord grant me the strength!). In the meantime, JM knows of someone back home that has a website but wants something better. JM and JP mention that they know someone that might be able to help them out (yours truly) and to give them the link to their site and some others that they like. No problem.
- JP stopped by on Saturday to discuss the look and feel for their site and at that time, forwarded me the email with the other place's info. My jaw fell. I opened the link to be sure and sure enough, I know the people from back home that need the website. I've bought car parts from them. BruddaShyner used to WORK there! So of course, I have to text BruddaShyner to ask him if he knows JM. He texts me back saying that he does and JM is in Miami now. HA! BruddaShyner not only knows JM, but he also knows JM's dad. Funny how I have to move a thousand miles away to do a website for people who were five miles away from the house where I grew up.
- The world is soooooo small.
I have just under 5 tons of work to do now. I'm not overwhelmed but I really do have to get organized. And motivated.
Feel free to kick me in the ass if you see me dilly-dallying.