One sunny June morning, I believe it’s been three years ago now, I stood in line for hours to get myself a new iPhone. Well, it was a good run, but every time there was an update, particularly after the 4 came out, my poor little phone just got slower and more insecure about its place in my life. Even though it was safely ensconced in its OtterBox, safe from most dirt, small amounts of water, and endless falls, little iPhone knew that its time would eventually come.
The announcement that there was no iPhone 5 coming just yet sealed the fate of little iPhone. We started looking around to see how we could upgrade and make it to 2011. Changing carriers wasn’t really an option since we’re grandfathered in to having unlimited data for a price that is less than what new customers get for the largest data plan (which still isn’t very much). I really believe that AT&T doesn’t carry a lot of smartphones because they just think that everyone will fall in line for the iPhone. Well, for this consumer (and her husband), you’re DEAD WRONG, AT&T.
We searched all around and read reviews and, with much trepidation on my part because I really wanted an HTC, and I might still go trade this in for one, we are now the proud owners of new Samsung Infuses. My heart said to get the HTC Inspire because I love the display and the feel of the phone and its size. My head, the sales rep, and my hubby said to get the Samsung because it’s newer and it should still be sweet in another year or two where they tell me the HTC will be behind the times. This is probably the only time I wish I was with Sprint because their selection of HTC phones is phenomenal. I also think that the HTC phones are more for social network dorks like myself. We’ll see if I keep the Samsung. I have 30 days to give it a test run.
Oh, did I mention that we are superior bargain hunters as well? We all know that the sticker price on a smartphone is out and out outrageous if you’re not doing a two year contract, but the phone company subsidizes some of that cost or no one would ever buy a phone. Let’s just say that we walked out with these phones at a deeply discounted price. 1/12 of the sticker price, about 1/4 of the two year contract price. Plus a great warranty/insurance deal that gives a new, not refurbed, phone if needed AND two free batteries over the course of two years. That pays for itself. Awesome sauce.
Since I’m on a fraction kick, it’s 1/3 of the way through the month, so it’s time to look at monthly goals.
Every morning I get an email reminding me that I should write 750 words today. Some days, it really seems like I could write forever and never get to 750. Today is not one of those days. I feel like I’ve barely said anything and I’m already at 750. I wonder if that means I’m getting close to finding my writing mojo again. That would be nice.It would also be nice if I could manage to thin out a little around the middle, but that would probably involve not baking and I love to eat so I guess that’s that. I’ll take my thick but flat tummy that’s so full of yummy zucchini bread (almost done with that one), cornbread (because I made chili over the weekend and damn is it good), and banana bread (next time, no walnuts..pecans instead that may or may not get pralined). I’m again pushing maximum weight density, but I think I’ve built some more muscle. Let’s just say that if I get up over 140, then I might have to consider no more bread for a while.Well, my stolen time has come to an end. I’ve gotta go pack up my stuff for lunch and work. I pack a lunch daily so I think I deserve to buy this. I love my team.And with that, I bid you farewell. Have a great Monday because it is what you make of it. Excuse me while I go make it great.
- P90X – Doing well. Skipped on Saturday to go to boxing though. Probably burned more calories boxing. Might switch this out since P90X will be here at the house always but I only have through February at the gym…not going to keep paying for that.
- NaNoPlaMo – There is nothing currently in my outline. I still am not considering this a fail though. I just need to make myself sit down and get it from my head into my computer. This book practically writes itself.
- Zumba – Yikes! Perhaps I’ll do better on this one in the second third of the month, lol.
- Teach/assist – One down, three to go. Will have to discuss making this goal happen with the ladies at Boulder Spirals.
- Read – Thank goodness I read quickly and could still make this goal happen if I only start with three days left in the month.
- Stretch – Got in two really good sessions and maybe two other smaller sessions. I’ll count that as a win.
- Pole – Didn’t quite make it. Once in the studio, one day at home. Already know this week will be better with two trips to the studio already planned.
- No minds – This one is the most difficult. If I were better at this one, I’d be better at the rest. I’m a work-in-progress, what can I say?