It’s Been A Long Time Since I Rock And Rolled

It’s been a busy little while in my world.

We left Miami on August 9, everything packed, itinerary in hand. We had wanted to take a leisurely four days, but my car was going to be dropped off on Thursday morning so we really had to get up at the ass crack to make it at a reasonable time.

We didn’t even make it out of Miami-Dade county before we saw one crash and one almost crash on I-95. It wasn’t even raining! Madness. We made it safely to Jacksonville more or less just in time to eat and go to bed. Hooray for staying at my mom’s house to see her before we took off and not having to pay for a hotel for one night.

Tuesday we got a somewhat leisurely start (leisurely for us, I suppose…still on the road before 9) to our first hotel in Nashville, TN. Not much of interest between FL and TN but our hotel was really nice.

Wednesday took us from TN to Kansas City, KS. Another sleeper drive and a decent hotel. While we were in KS, I ate for the first time at Steak ‘n Shake. Almost a crime to eat there for the first time considering the amount of time I spent in Sandpiper. Granted, it’s just fast food, but it wasn’t awful. No leisurely rise and shine for us on Thursday morning, though.

We had my car shipped to Colorado because I didn’t think it could make the drive and it was actually cheaper than getting the U-Haul thing to haul the car behind the truck. Our shipper had a schedule, as truckers do, and as it was, he was delaying our delivery. (Thank goodness for my Cuban driver and my Cuban husband making friends.) In order to not throw the driver’s schedule off, we promised to be in Denver by noon. That’s right, KS to CO, arriving by noon. Even with the time zone changes, we had to leave KS at 3am. Ouch.

Know what’s in KS? Yup, nothing. Well, except huge farms of wind turbines. Know what else? I don’t care what anyone says, an entire field of those things is CREEPY! I can see one or two together and it doesn’t bother me, but entire fields of them just made me want to jump out of the car and run around screaming with my hands over my ears. Either I’m insane or I’m very sensitive to whatever madness is secretly behind the wind machines. CONSPIRACY THEORY! This photo, taken with my phone, doesn’t even really capture the creepy or how many turbines were out there, but here ya go.

And that’s just a few of those evil monsters.

We arrived in Denver in record time only to find out that the truck driver had some trouble and wouldn’t arrive until Friday. With time on our hands, we went to pick up the h use keys for our first viewing of the house. Good pick on our part.

It took just under forever for our furniture to arrive, but my ire towards the moving company is for another post.

The house is now almost all ready for visitors. Next post…the house…now with furniture!

, , , , , , ,

4 responses to “It’s Been A Long Time Since I Rock And Rolled”

  1. Woo-hoo! Welcome to CO! I'll be in your neck of the woods today trying to find scores at Home Goods.

    Again, if you and the hubby want a little night in the mountains, give me a call!

  2. Thanks! Happy hunting. 🙂

    I'm working right now in Boulder and the schedule will be 4 10 hour days. I'm sure by the time mid-September rolls around, we'll be 100% ready. Hmmm, do you have space for a third? I'm not ready to leave my daughter alone just yet. 🙂

  3. Ok, Red. Fair enough. But those turbines….uh uh, no way, hecks no. I'm not even kidding that it was like something was running a low-grade pulse through me. Creepy.

Say What?